The star of lockdown season one, banana bread, is ready for its comeback. It’s easy to make, uses ingredients you probably already have at home, and contains gluten free whole-grains and no refined sugar - making it a more nutritious, hormone-loving option than your standard banana bread.
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 large overripe bananas
- ¾ c oats
- ½ c buckwheat (or just extra oats)
- ¼ c desiccated coconut
- ½ c coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar (makes it light and fluffy)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1-2 TBS maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ c dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180℃
- Add all ingredients except chocolate to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Fold chocolate through the mixture.
- Pour mixture into a lined loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown.
- Slice and enjoy once cooled. This banana bread is great served with coconut yogurt, or toasted and topped with butter, chia jam or your favourite nut butter. Enjoy!
Remember to share your delicious creations with us at @evewellnessco_