Introducing your next breakfast obsession: Carrot Cake Oats.
We took porridge, the warm, comforting winter breakfast you love and gave it the glow up it deserves.
What’s even better–you can prep it the night before, making it quick and easy to warm and serve in the morning. We’re all about nutritious food that’s quick, easy and delicious; and this recipe ticks all three boxes.
These carrot cake oats contain the following hormone-loving rockstar ingredients:
Whole grain rolled oats: Oats contain an abundance of a type of soluble fibre known as beta-glucan, which is known to support balanced blood sugar and promote the good kind of gut bacteria.
Carrot: A great source of vitamins A & C, plus getting vegetables in at breakfast time is always a bonus.
Flaxseeds: High in lignans, flaxseeds naturally support oestrogen balance by gently assisting oestrogen production and excretion where necessary.
Plant protein: Protein supplies amino acids which are crucial for the body to repair itself and make its own essential hormones. Protein also provides steady, sustainable energy that will keep you full for longer.
Cinnamon: A warming, slightly sweet spice that is well known for its benefits on blood sugar and insulin sensitivity.
Pumpkin seeds: Rich in zinc, a key nutrient that nourishes ovarian follicles and supports healthy ovulation and progesterone production.
Coconut yogurt: A great source of both healthy fats & probiotics, coconut yogurt is one of our favorite breakfast additions to promote healthy hormone production and good digestion.
Chia seeds: Another great source of fibre to help keep your bowels moving and your oestrogen detoxification firing.
Walnuts: A great source of omega-3, an essential fatty acid that helps to lower inflammation in the body.
- 1 cup whole grain rolled oats
- ½ large carrot (or 1 small one), peeled and grated
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder
- 1 TBS freshly ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 ½ cups plant-based milk (or water)
Raspberry Chia Jam
- ½ frozen berries (we used raspberries)
- 1-2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 TBS chopped walnuts
- 2 TBS pumpkin seeds
The night before:
- Mix together rolled oats, carrot, protein powder, flaxseed, plant-based milk and spices and place in the fridge to soak overnight.
- To make the chia jam, heat frozen berries in a saucepan until they're melted and runny. You can help this process along by squashing them with the back of your spoon. Add the chia seeds and stir.
- Blend in a nutribullet or similar high speed blender until you reach the consistency you want. Transfer to a jar and leave to cool and set.
At breakfast time:
- Tip the soaked oats into a saucepan and cook on a low to medium heat until the oats are cooked and the liquid has been absorbed. Add more liquid as needed.
- Top with chia seed jam, coconut yoghurt, walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
Remember to share your delicious creations with us @evewellnessco_