Why not spoil Mum with an indulgent, but equally nutritious, breakfast in bed this Mothers Day?
This pancake recipe is a favourite amongst the BePure and Eve team, and is great served with free-range bacon and pure maple syrup, or stewed fruit and dollop of coconut yoghurt.
Serves 3-4 | GF, DFO, SF
- 4 large bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup ground almonds or almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- Mash the bananas with a fork until no lumps remain. Beat in the eggs with the fork and then add the ground almonds and baking powder, mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, add 1 tsp of coconut oil or butter to the pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the hot frying pan. Cook for 3 minutes, flip the pancakes over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Serve fresh with organic butter, stewed fruit, coconut yogurt or even free range bacon.