The end of the year is a perfect time to sit back and get a quick vibe check on your life and where you’re heading.
Olivia Scott is a Life and Business Coach and has kindly shared her top journaling prompts with us, to get closure on 2021 and gear up for a bloody brilliant 2022. After all, what could be better than getting tips from a pro?
Over to you Olivia...
At this time of year, it's natural for us to take stock of where things are at.
With some time over the holidays to reflect, it can be powerful to stop and notice; what feels good, what feels new, what worked, what didn't?
Putting in some time to reflect allows us to grow and make better decisions. As we reassess what's important to us, we can put some intentions in place that guide us towards deeper connection to our lives and greater fulfillment.
We always have a choice, whether that's to make a scary change, to pivot, or to ask ourselves, is this really serving me? Change and growth is inevitable, so stopping to listen to where our true happiness lies can be the best rudder for moving into the new year with clarity.
So find a quiet spot to sit, and put pen to paper to reflect on the following prompts:
- If I could break this year down into chapters, what would they be? How many chapters? What's a word or sentence to describe what those chapters meant to me? What did I learn?
- What am I most proud of *internally* this year? (I.e. What did I overcome? What made me stronger? How did I respond well to a challenge that arose?)
- What am I most proud of *externally* this year? (I.e. What is an accomplishment? What did I create? A positive new relationship? A new hobby? A new appreciation or enjoyment for something?)
- What brought me the most joy in 2021?
- What can I take with me into 2022 that will bring me strength?
- What do I love most about how I am ending the year? What am I most excited to leave behind me?
- What is something I feel intuitively drawn to achieve or focus on in 2022?
- How can I best support myself when times are tough?
- How can I be the best version of myself as I move into the new year? What would I like to feel more of? How can I do that?
- How would I like to close this chapter?
Olivia Scott is a Life and Business Coach. Check out her offerings at www.lovebyolivia.com